We’re Part of the 15% – A Letter to President Harrison

Well, it’s been over a year since our Voters Assembly sent President Harrison a letter calling for him to repent. We’ve heard nuttin’ from no one. I wrote to President Bohlmann in 1986 and he answered me personally. How far I have fallen! This letter, though largely authored by me, is really from Trinity Lutheran Church. I didn’t think any churchman, any true Seelsorge, could turn up his nose at a flock of sheep. Sure, maybe he could ignore one smelly shepherd, but not a whole flock. I was wrong. We are part of the 15% President Harrison refers to when he says 85% of the Synod can get along with our present doctrine and practice. I can’t. I predict 5% of the liberals can’t either, but I think 10% of the 15% Harrison is willing to lose will come from the confessional, liturgical side of things.






About Paul Harris

Pastor Harris retired from congregational ministry after 40 years in office on 31 December 2023. He is now devoting himself to being a husband, father, and grandfather. He still thinks cenobitic monasticism is overrated and cave dwelling under.
This entry was posted in Missouri Megatrends. Bookmark the permalink.